[dev] FTP site reorganization

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Wed Jan 1 17:51:46 PST 2003

The Horde FTP site has undergone a bit of a reorganization.  The new
structure uses fewer directories and allows for improved file location
persistence.

The most major change is the "collapse" of the "tarballs" subdirectory
into the main application directory.

For example, what used to be:

    ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/imp/tarballs/imp-3.1.tar.gz

... is now:

    ftp://ftp.horde.org/pub/imp/imp-3.1.tar.gz

The pub/.../tarballs/old/ directories have been removed.  Old releases
are now stored alongside the current releases.  We have also made it
our policy _not_ to retain release candidate distributions beyond the
lifetime of their immediate usefulness.

Patches are now stored in their own "patches" directory.

FTP mirror sites will likely noticed a longer-than-usual update when
they next rsync the FTP site.

The download paths on the web site have been updated to reflect the
new file locations.

The old path locations should continue to work through the miracle of
symlinks, but please use the newer paths in the future when referring
to files on the FTP site.

Please let me know if there are any problems.

--
Jon Parise (jon at horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)