[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp compose.php message.php imp/docs CHANGES imp/templates/message navbar.inc

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Sun Jan 5 20:36:30 PST 2003

Quoting Jon Parise <jon at horde.org>:

| On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 07:45:50PM -0600, Eric Rostetter wrote:
|
| > Now, the above (original patch description) sounds quite reasonable to
| me.
| > Michael's summary doesn't (since reply should respect the reply-to: if
| > there is no reply-to-list).
|
| Yes, it should definitely honor the Reply-To address.

Maybe my log message wasn't good.  The patch (at least what I can tell from
looking at the code) only makes a difference when BOTH the List-Post Header
exists _and_ the Reply-To Header contains the same address.  Previously,
both the Reply and Reply to List buttons would open a window to reply to the
list.  Chris pointed out that this doesn't make much sense - Now, in this
situation (and this situation only), the  Reply button will reply to the
poster of the message while the Reply to List button will reply to the list
itself.  Essentially, the "Reply" link should never end up replying to the
actual list.

Hope that clarifies it.

michael