[dev] Re: klutz problems - almost solved

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Fri Jan 10 09:48:24 PST 2003

On Thu,  9 Jan 2003 12:55:00 -0500
Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org> wrote:

> Quoting Klavs Klavsen <kl at vsen.dk>:
>
> > yeah, as it did for me, when I switched to driver=file. But
> > shouldn't none, do that the client just retrieved the comics
> > directly from the source?
>
> You've told Klutz not to store any files locally.
>
> You're then telling Klutz to go out, download a whole bunch of images,
> and store them locally.
>
> How would you like this to work?

I can see what you are getting at.

Sorry for my stupidity, but I read none - to mean that the comics where
automatically fetched by the clients browser - and so I didn't have to
prefetch the comics and store them.

However I didn't see any comics - just a question of "Fetch Comic?" -
and thought it somehow still needed that even though I had set it to
none.

I have now configured it to use driver=file and store the comics
locally.

--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen - kl at vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.