[dev] More on Menus.....

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Jan 10 06:57:43 PST 2003

> Quoting "Michael J. Pawlowsky" <mikejp at videotron.ca>:
>
> > Style 1.
> >
> > A left frame with categories and sub-menus.
> > Example can be seen at:
> > http://www.mikeathome.net:8080/horde/index.php
> > User: test
> > Pw: test1234
>
> I would prefer this one, except for the space it takes up. Even then, I lean
> this way a little; we could even include context items in it fairly easily.

Not that I deserve to have any input, but I'd like to see the width of the frame
containing the menus as a preference; I just haven't decided whether it should
be a user preference (I lean toward this) or an admin preference (during
configuration). If it's a user preference, it would be nice to include an option
to display only the icons (or only the text); this would allow power-users to
significantly reduce the width of the menu frame.

Rick