[dev] More on Menus.....

Michael J. Pawlowsky mikejp at videotron.ca
Fri Jan 10 07:27:50 PST 2003

Yes this would be possible.
Personally I like having more than one tree open at the same time.
Perhaps an another option? :-)

Let me start off with a version 1.0 and I will add to it from that.

After going through the code, it's actually very simple to have as many styles of menus that we want.

Basically the way I did it is at login.php we look to see which menu style the user wants and then simply
load a different frame_index.inc for that style. You also need a new /menu.php for that specific style but that's about it.

It could be just some $vars in frame_index.inc also, but I think it simpler to have a seperate one because different styles will want to have
different margins etc. There are too many possible options to pass. Simply passing a string of options seems to be more work then having a
new include.

And iof course the registry.php also needs to have 2 new params. one to know the order of the menus, the other to identify if it has a parent and which one.
But this will be common to any menu style.

Mike

On 10/01/2003 at 7:02 AM Rick Emery wrote:

>Would it be possible to
>collapse the first menu if a second menu is clicked? I think that would
>look
>cleaner.

Cheers,
Mike