[dev] Preferences

Ben Chavet ben at chavet.net
Mon Jan 13 11:26:14 PST 2003

Is there a way to retrieve preference values for a user other than the one
currently logged in?

Background:
I'm writing a photo album module for my site.  Each user is allowed to upload
and manage their own photos.  Everyone's photos are visible to all other users.
 I need to get a list of users to link to.  I could use the user_uid from
auth->listUsers(), but I'd rather use the 'fullname' preference that all the
users have (or if they don't have it, default back to the user_uid).

I've looked through the prefs code & I can't find any reason why I couldn't just
create a new prefs object for any user & retrieve the values, but when I do
that, nothing comes through.

Any Ideas?

--Ben Chavet