[dev] Data::imc should split on [\r\n], not just \n

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Jan 14 11:00:08 PST 2003

> Quoting John Morrissey <jwm at horde.net>:
>
> > I was just thinking of situations where the recipient's parser might
> not
> > recognize alternate line endings. After giving it more thought, I'd
> > probably write that client off as buggy/broken.
>
> I'm admitting to a bit of a lack of education here: is the line ending
> for
> the format specified in the RFC? If not, then yes, the client would be
> buggy/broken. If it is (it isn't that I know of, but...), then we should
> be
> being consistent.

>From the iCal RFC:

The content information associated with an iCalendar object is
   formatted using a syntax similar to that defined by [RFC 2425]. That
   is, the content information consists of CRLF-separated content lines.

RFC 2425 defines the format for RFC 2426 files (vCard). Summary: Data::imc
(intended to deal with both formats) should always produce CRLF and be smart
and read both CRLF and LF, perhaps even CR for buggy Mac clients.

Jan.