[dev] comments on new menu system

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Jan 18 00:52:32 PST 2003

Just a couple of comments on what I noticed about the current cvs head
with the new menu stuff.  Could be config issues on my part, but I don't
think so.  Not been overly dilligent in checking all the .conf.dist files
yet...

1) At login, I don't get my Horde summary screen any more (just motd)
2) The menu frame isn't honoring themes
3) There is no way to tell which menus have submenus (expand)
4) There is no space/offset in the main frame left-hand side.  If it
   honored the themes, this might not be a big deal.  But since it doesn't
   honor themes, the main frame text (etc) is right up against the menu frame
   edge and it looks "cramped" (due to different colors in the frames).  Again
   this probably wouldn't look bad if the themes (backgroup colors) matched.

Other that that, it isn't too bad. :)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics