[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib Registry.php

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sun Jan 19 22:11:30 PST 2003

> Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:
>
> > If this is the only case like this, I can rename things.  Make a group
> > called "My Account" and rename accounts from "My Account" to something
> > like "Account Summary" or "Account Info" or something.  Kind of a
> > shake up, but can be done without too much trouble.
>
> That seems like the best course to me, but it's not just my decision...

I'll conceed the point though, as sork is the only exception, so why not
just bring it into line?  After all, the accounts module (and some other
local modules I use) were created originally for only one reason, which is
the same reason that the new menu system was created.  So if we go with the
new menu system, then there is no need for these special modules anymore.

> > Yes, it makes sense, but the recent changes have gone against it.  It
> > for example violates Chuck's assumption that expanding a menu should
> > never change the current page, since here it is both a group to expand
> > and an application in itself.
>
> This is not an assumption on my part, so much as a violent reaction against
> having something be both. I noticed it a few times when playing with the
> code, and every time it happened I didn't quite expect it or didn't *want*
> it; I *really* don't think that just expanding and (especially) contracting
> the menu should change the page. I haven't anyone else really comment on
> this, though.

Yeah, I see the point, and can't dispute it.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!