[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib/iCalendar vevent.php

Mike Cochrane mike at graftonhall.co.nz
Mon Jan 20 02:45:35 PST 2003

> ----- Message from jan at horde.org ---------
>
> Zitat von Mike Cochrane <mike at graftonhall.co.nz>:
>

> > I think Kronolith_Event should have a fromvEvent() eventually. This would
> > save a
> > iCalender_vEvent::toHash() then a Kronoltih_Event::fromHash(), and do
> > away with
> > the intermediate representation.
>
> I don't think so. The Data framework uses the toHash() during the import
> routines so they can't be in an application's library. And to keep things
> consistent, all toHash() methods should be in Horde libraries where possible.
>
> Jan.

I think application specific hash's should be in the application libraries.
Kronolith_event has a fromHash() but doesn't have the corresponding toHash() to
export but does have a toiCalendar(). Either it should have a fromiCalender() or
a toHash() to complete a fully reversable export and import to a format.

I would be happy with a Kronolith_event::toHash() and a
Horde_iCalendar_vevent::fromHash() and rename
Horde_iCalendar_vevent::toKronolithHash() to toHash(). I would much prefer a
tovEvent() and fromvEvent() and remove toiCalender()

- Mike :-)