[dev] compose problem

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 21 16:36:16 PST 2003

CVS HEAD imp/templates/compose/compose.js 2.2 by Michael M Slusarz at
Mon Jan 20 23:27:38 2003 has in the commit comment:

> Simple javascript to disable buttons when clicked - this can probably
> be improved.

It added the line:

  document.compose.style.cursor = "wait";

This doesn't work on older javascript browsers (like Netscape 4.x) and
throws a javascript error, meaning no one using such browsers can send
email.  Removing this one line fixes the problem.

We need to remove the line, or do a javascript version check, or some kind
of check.  I have too many users still using old browsers...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!