[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/lib Horde.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Sat Jan 25 17:59:47 PST 2003

| Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| >   Log:
| >   Don't encode the ampersand here.
|
| Why? It's not javascript, just an URL...

Just trying stuff out to try to fix the "slow behavior with
Horde::includeScriptFile()" problems with Mozilla.

I found the location of this problem too, BTW.  It is in
horde/javascript.php - for whatever reason Mozilla does not like the
Content-Length header.  If you remove this line, the pages load fine (I've
noticed similar behavior when downloading files with Mozilla - it takes 10x
as long to download using Mozilla as IE.  I'm assuming this is because of
this problem also).

A good test is to directly access the javascript page via the web browser.
On Mozilla, using Content-Length headers, all the data loads and then
Mozilla hangs there for 10-15 seconds before it finally closes the
connection.  If you remove the Content-Length headers, the same data appears
and Mozilla loads the page in under a second.

I've got to run right now so I don't have the time to either fix this or
investigate at the Mozilla site.  Other input (and verification) would be
much appreciated.

michael