[dev] Re: Re: Re: Adding contact to nag task [Patch]

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at wanadoo.nl
Mon Jan 27 17:44:03 PST 2003

"Chuck Hagenbuch" <chuck at horde.org> wrote:
> Quoting Jeroen Huinink <j.huinink at wanadoo.nl>:
>
> > We could use the _relationsships array to specify that a certain
> > relationship is the reverse relationship of another and therefore only
> > allow reverse references if explicitly allowed. E.g.
>
> Use an API function to list the relationships. Why are you tied to this
new
> array?

I'm not. So I'll create an API function to list the relationships.

["Reverse" relationship example deleted]

> Seems like that's overly complicated; you ought to be able to figure out
the
> reverses programattically, just by checking if they exist...

I have two reasons for explicitly stating whether it is a reverse
relationship:
1. It might not be usefull or it could be undesired to have the reverse
relationship. At least I could imagine that it would not, but I can not
think of a terribly good example at the moment, but what I am thinking about
is a reverse relationship that could possible return a *huge* amount of
results.
2. The name that is picked for the relationship might not make sense for the
reverse relationship (as a title in a UI element).

[Reading back over my first statement I just realized that you might want to
consider making it configurable whether a (reverse) relationship should be
exposed to the user.]

I'll work on the unidirectional relationships for now and we could add the
reverse relationships at a later time.

Regards,
Jeroen