[dev] Klutz Block

Rick Emery rick at emery.homelinux.net
Fri Jan 31 18:00:09 PST 2003

Tired of me yet?

Here's my first shot at a portal block for klutz. I'm still learning php and
horde, and most of the code was copied and pasted from other blocks, so please
be gentle in any criticisms.

One problem I ran into was that the column width was sized for the width of the
comic, so wide comics caused all blocks in the column to be widened (taking away
from other columns and, in some cases, requiring a horizontal scroll bar). I got
around this by spanning the block across multiple columns, but I'm certainly
open to any suggestions for a way to improve this in the default view (one column).

This summary.php is a new file (copied from color.php), so the comments at the
top need to be changed; I wasn't sure what should go there. Also (as I'm sure
you know), a directory named Block should be created in klutz/lib, and
summary.php placed there.

Thanks,
Rick