[dev] file()

Amith Varghese amith at xalan.com
Tue Feb 4 23:03:38 PST 2003

When moment is trying to read my free/busy URL its having problems connecting to
 my server.  When it tries to read the URL I get the following message in my
apache error log

[Tue Feb  4 17:46:57 2003] [error] PHP Warning:  file() [<a
href='http://www.php.net/function.file'>function.file</a>]: php_hostconnect:
connect failed in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/mail/horde/moment/lib/Moment.php on
line 115
[Tue Feb  4 17:46:57 2003] [error] PHP Warning:  file(https://...@xalan.com) [<a
href='http://www.php.net/function.file'>function.file</a>]: failed to create
stream: Connection timed out in
/usr/local/apache/htdocs/mail/horde/moment/lib/Moment.php on line 115

Basically the problem is that I have set up Horde to use SSL Connections.  I
have also set up my machine for multiple name-based virtual domains.  Since my
ISP has only given me 1 IP address, when I issued the certificate (its self
signed) I issued the certificate for the machine's host name.  However, I am
trying to access the free/busy URL using one of the virtual names.  So what
happens is that when it tries to open the URL that has mail.xalan.com, it fails
because the URL doesn't match the domain on the certificate.  Does anyone have
any ideas about how to get around this?  Possibilities are:

1) Change the file() read to a method that gets the VCard info using kronolith's
api.  However the problem with this solution is that you can't get external
free/busy information with this solution.

2) Use CURL, which has the CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYHOST option which i can disable the
verification of the certificate.  However the drawback with this is that curl is
an external dependancy

3) Somehow configure Horde to switch between SSL/non-SSL URLs.  I like SSL in
general, but it would be nice to "turn it off" for things like this.

Anyway, I don't really have too much idea how to proceed.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Amith