[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp/lib Headers.php

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri Feb 7 11:00:15 PST 2003

Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> slusarz     2003/02/06 19:35:31 PST
>
>   Modified files:
>     lib                  Headers.php
>   Log:
>   Change some array_key_exists() calls.
>   Don't need String::lower() here - these are internal IMAP flags.

And that's the reason why we _need_ String::lower() here. Opposed to
functions like String::substr() that are necessary for multibyte safe
operations, functions like String::lower() are necessary for locale
_in_dependent operations.

Turkish for example doesn't know a lower i, thus strtolower() on a string
that contains an "i" would return the expected result.

Jan.