[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp/lib Headers.php

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Fri Feb 7 14:11:23 PST 2003

| Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| > slusarz     2003/02/06 19:35:31 PST
| >
| >   Modified files:
| >     lib                  Headers.php
| >   Log:
| >   Change some array_key_exists() calls.
| >   Don't need String::lower() here - these are internal IMAP flags.
|
| And that's the reason why we _need_ String::lower() here. Opposed to
| functions like String::substr() that are necessary for multibyte safe
| operations, functions like String::lower() are necessary for locale
| _in_dependent operations.
|
| Turkish for example doesn't know a lower i, thus strtolower() on a string
| that contains an "i" would return the expected result.

I guess I still don't understand.  All calls to IMP_Headers::getFlag() are
hardcoded into the source code (and will always be).  So are you saying
that a call like IMP_Headers::getFlag('hi') will behave differently on a
computer in Turkey than on a computer in England?  (I apologize for being
so anglo-centric.... :) ).

I guess this just goes to show that I have no clue when it comes to this
charset stuff...

michael