[dev] Re: AW: AW: [hermes]only full hours in hermes?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Feb 9 14:17:33 PST 2003

> Quoting Udo Schubert <news4dadirtyluk at gmx.de>:
>
> > right now i only get an error if i type something like '3.5'
> > then the web-form says only numbers were allowed to be entered.
>
> You're using a different locale, right? Well, for your locale, that's not
> number, because it's expecting 3,5.
>
> > if i type '3,5' no error occurs,but the inserted value is 3.00 and it
> > is therefore impossible to delete these entries again (then the
> web-form
> > says again only to enter numbers in that field)
>
> I can't test this, but it sounds like your *database* isn't using the
> same
> locale that you are.
>
> Jan, will String::convertCharset() handle decimal conversion issues?

No. I must admit, I didn't follow this thread, so I'm not sure what exactly
the issue is. But you might want to grep for localeconv() in the IMP
sources. IIRC we use it somewhere (attachment sizes?) to calculate locale
dependant floating numbers.

Perhaps this could be abstracted in an NLS:: method.

Jan.