[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/packaging/redhat php.spec rh7-php.spec

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 13 21:08:00 PST 2003

I'm using the mcrypt, mhash, and mcal libraries from http://rpm.arvin.dk/

> There's a note in Red Hat 8.0's RPM that mbstring was causing problems and
> they disabled it.  Is it working OK on your end?  Obviously that's one we
> call out specifically in horde/docs/INSTALL and that I want to include.

I'm not having any problems.  Was this from the stock RH 8.0 PHP 4.2.2
or from one of their test 4.3.x builds?

There were problems in 4.2.x but they have been fixed as far as I know...
I'm not sure if I'm even using mbstring or not (in my Horde/IMP) though -- how
would one know?  It is in my php, but is it used all the time, only with
some languages, only some configs, etc?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics