[dev] Front End Hacking

Ryan Booker ryan at buzzeddie.com
Thu Feb 20 03:27:33 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm a new horde user, site admin, game developer and web jumky.  I'm very
impressed with the systems I've played around with so far (as are the users of
my site).

I am using:
    * Horde: 2.1
    * IMP: 3.1 (run IMP tests)
    * Turba: 1.1
    * Kronolith: 1.0
    * Mnemo: 1.1
    * Nag: 1.1

I am very interested in completely redesigning the front of the horde
applications.  For myself firstly, but I'd be happy to template them for the
community if you desired.

I wish to mod the front end so it doesn't require frames and to use XHTML/CSS
using divs instead of tables for layout.

The reason for my post is I was hoping someone could point me to some kind of
schematic/heirarchy document(s) that detail how the various lib, template and
general php front end files interact and hold together.

It's a very complex setup and trying to follow it all through without any
documentation will take me quite a while!

I want to do this in an attempt to a. configure the design of the layout to fit
the web site soon to follow, and b. to facilitate others to create more complex
designs using the horde framework.

All I've managed so far is a login page that is still in frames (though it wont
be when I can work out what I need to change to remove frames without breaking
everything).

Anyway, any pointers to documents, or sites already dealing with this type of
thing would be greatly appreciated.

http://buzzeddie.com/horde/

--
Cheers,