[dev] Creating Users?

Ilya mail at krel.org
Thu Feb 20 18:55:15 PST 2003

> > All that is needed it an authentication driver that supports the creation
> > of
> > users. eg the cyrussql driver adds the user to the sql database and
> > creates the
> > imap folder for the user.
> >
> > A similar driver would be needed for cyrus and ldap. Or maybe a generic

shouldnt be to hard to change cyrsql, just extend ldap, instead of sql, and
change any overloaded functions.

> > cyrus +
> > ldap/sql/some other auth driver that supports adding users.
>
> Or use the composite driver (iirc only available in HEAD) to seperate the
> authentication backend and the administration backend.

from what I understand you can have two drivers in composite (mistaken?). Admin for
administration, and app for authnetication. So if you have separate cyrus driver
and sql driver, I am not sure how you can specify imp for single login as well.

but i could be missing smth as usual.