[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde/packaging/redhat php.spec rh7-php.spec

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Sat Mar 1 15:41:41 PST 2003

[Heh; looks like I postponed this and never sent it.]

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu> wrote:

> Are you enabling curl support?

I've added this now, though it requires installing the 7.3 curl RPMs if
you have 7.2 (whose curl RPMs are too old).

> Definately want to add mime-magic.

Unfortunately not available in PHP 4.2.3

> Other differences I see between yours and mine are enabling: mbstring

I'll turn this one on; hopefully I won't hit whatever problem Red Hat was
having in 4.2.2

> mbregex/mbstr-enc-trans, zend-multibyte

Going to leave these off for now, since Jan said we don't need them, and
the PHP manual seems to be saying enc-trans is going away in 4.3.0 (in
favor of a config. option).  I'd be willing to consider mbregex but I want
to start conservatively.

> and memory-limit.

I do have this one, but your SPEC file has it listed twice, so I think you
got a false alarm when you diff'ed with mine.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html