[dev] Fwd: Re: Patch I submitted

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Mar 6 13:19:37 PST 2003

----- Forwarded message from conor at dev.ceon.net -----
    Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:02:26 GMT
    From: Conor Kerr <conor at dev.ceon.net>
 Subject: Re: Patch I submitted
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck at horde.org>

Hi Chuck,

> At a quick glance, it put some checks in places that they shouldn't be

It only puts checks in places that other checks are already made...

I thought it strange (and well, cludgy) that settings from IMP should be
used in "horde/lib/MIME/Contents.php" but nevertheless as other
functions do this I did the same with mine....

For example, "attachment_display" is read here so I thought I may as
well read my preference there as well:

function MIME_Contents($messageOb, $viewID = array())
    {
        global $prefs;

        $this->_message = $messageOb;
        $this->_viewID = $viewID;
        $this->_displayType = $prefs->getValue('attachment_display');
        $this->_displayImagesInline =
$prefs->getValue('image_attachment_inline');
    }

> , and it didn't provide new features - we support inline images and
> have for a while. So I left it for others.

It does supply a new feature... in my experience about 70% of images
attached to emails are set with the Content-Disposition of "attachment"
and not "inline", IMP doesn't dispay these images inline as Hotmail,
Yahoo and others do... seems like something's missing to me!! :)

If there is a problem with the way the settings are read in the snippet
above then I can remove the preference setting and modify the code I
wrote in "horde/lib/MIME/Contents.php" to automatically display images
of content-disposition "attachment" inline if the inline engine is
enabled (and only if it is, as is currenlty the case with images of
disposition "inline").

Let me know what you think! :)

All the best...

Conor

--
Conor Kerr
Amiga Developer, Ceon Ltd., Northern Ireland
www.ceon.net  conor at dev.ceon.net

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
I know there's fish out there, but where g-d only knows.