[dev] Fwd: Re: Patch I submitted

Conor Kerr conor at dev.ceon.net
Thu Mar 6 19:29:11 PST 2003

Hi Michael,

> Exactly what Chuck said.  I don't have the RFC in front of me (it's in RFC
> 2045), but it says you MUST NOT display a MIME part without further input
> from the user.  Further input does _not_ mean having a preference that
> allows you to turn this off.  Further input does mean you show the
> structure of the message to the user, and at that time (and that time only)
> the user can decide whether the view the MIME part.

I can understand where you (they, whatever :) ) are coming from on this
as I can see that bad people might fradulently set an incorrect MIME
type, because they know certain systems will examine them and open them
for what they really are (like an .exe) but as far as I can tell, inline
images in IMP are displayed using the same in-browser software anyway so
I can't see the difference in IMP's case.  As my other post to this list
says, if you can show me that's not true I'd appreciate the info! :)

All the best...

Conor

--
Conor Kerr
Amiga Developer, Ceon Ltd., Northern Ireland
www.ceon.net  conor at dev.ceon.net