[dev] Re: [imp] bug converting some mailto's to URL's

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Mar 13 14:43:13 PST 2003

Quoting Jeff Tucker <jeff at jltnet.com>:

> I have imp-CVS as of a couple weeks ago. I have the latest version of
> horde/lib/Text.php according to the online CVS browser at horde.org.
>
> I've found that a mailto of the form mailto:jefft at f123.com appears on my
> system as a link to email "jefft at f". And it stops there.

I'm moving this to the dev list for now. I can't quite parse the regexp to
figure out why, but it's trying to split out things like
mailto:foo at bar.com?subject=foo. Which does work, but with jefft at f123.com,
123.com gets put where subject=foo ought to go.

I've moved the code into its own function in Text.php, and put in some code
that should make it easier to figure out what's going on (you have to set a
variable, and then it'll dump the regexp matches for you. If a regexp person
could have a look at this and figure out why it's getting 123.com into match
6, instead of match 4, without breaking the ?subject functionality, that'd
be great.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of