[dev] Re: [imp] bug converting some mailto's to URL's

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Mar 13 15:45:30 PST 2003

> I tracked it down to a change Michael made to catch the square brackets []
> that some mail clients add around mail addresses.

Okay...

> He put something in like (I don't have the code here right now): (?(1))
> This obviously is wrong and catches the "1" from 123.com.

Does it? It looks like that's supposed to be a conditional in the regexp -
conditional on what, I'm not quite sure, though.

> Another thing that I'm not sure about: As the regex is in single quotes,
> shouldn't all backslashes being escaped so that they appear as single
> backslashes in the actual regex?

I don't think you need to escape a backslash unless it procedes a single
quote that you don't want escaped...

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of