[dev] Re: appLinks()

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Tue Mar 25 17:33:41 PST 2003

Quoting Jeroen Huinink <j.huinink at wanadoo.nl>:

> "Jan Schneider" <jan at horde.org> wrote:
> > Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:
> >
> > > how about an addition to the appLinks() function to render it aware
> of
> > > which app
> > > links should be shown with which type of user (admin or not admin, as
> an
> > > example).
> > > so, apps which only admin would have access to shouldn't be shown to
> > > other users
> > > - for example midas (ads). an admin would be setting up these so why
> even
> > > show
> > > this to a regular user.
> >
> > To make this a clean solution we need at last application permissions.
> Do
> > you volunteer? :-)
>
> Ok, so I wasn't the only one that felt this was missing. I'll look into
> this. I'm not promissing to do anything about it though. ;-) Do you think
> this should be based on Perms or do we need a separate mechanism?

Perms of course. I feel like this belongs to the registry where the
application lists get built so that the menu contains only allowed
applications. The applications themselves can ask the registry if they are
allowed for the current user, similar to or as a replacement for the current
 "if (Auth::getAuth())" calls.

Jan.