[dev] Application Permissions (was Re: appLinks() and Re: Aboutpermissions)

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Mar 27 21:39:27 PST 2003

Quoting Hans Lellelid <hans at appliedsec.com>:

> Yes -- I had a similar run-in w/ Horde permissions system not that long
> ago.  The lack of a "role" concept and the use of the Category driver
> forced me to write my own Perms/Group implementation.

Forced you to? It could have "forced" you to come to the community with what
you needed, propose a solution, and submit it to the community.

> Also, Horde's Category driver didn't suffice for the pretty complex
> user/group queries I needed to perform.  E.g. finding all groups that a
> user belongs to was way too inefficient -- not to mention needing to
> find all the users who shared group membership with a specified user :)

Some of us are working on ways to improve this. You could help.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of