[dev] Re: Re: Problem with session

Roman Dvoran roman at dvoran.sk
Mon Mar 31 10:40:19 PST 2003

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> Quoting Roman Dvoran <roman at dvoran.sk>:
>
>> Problem seems to start occuring after patch in lib/Horde.php at line 155
>> 155c155
>> <                 $new_session_id = base64_encode($GLOBALS['UNIQUE_ID']);
>> ---
>> >                 $new_session_id = $GLOBALS['UNIQUE_ID'];
>>
>> the patch was about to add function base64_encode to sessionID.
>> when you remove the function, it will be working, (for me does).
>
> Can you explain why, or at least how that broke anything?
>
>> This is not causing the problem, but side effect. It might sometimes
>> occure the problem with session, as I realized, but it's once per 100s
>> generated sessionID. hope this helps developers to find the real problem.
>
> What do you mean? I can't really follow you, sorry.
>
>> Is anybody successfully running latest CVS horde and IMP ?
>
> Yes.
>
>> I wonder if all have the same problem or not.
>
> No.
>
>> Note I'm using files for session. I tried sql session handler,
>> it takes me in, but when I select any application, I'm redirected to
>> login page. This was also happening before patch, that broke my
>> file session handler
>
> I am using regular file sessions.
>
>> any suggestions ?
>
> The SQL problems you were having are probably misconfigurations/table
> problems, but we can't know for sure whether or not they're bugs if you
> don't give us actual error messages. Other than that, please explain your
> conclusions better.
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
> "... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of
> darkness. It is not the night that kills, but the frost." - Miguel de
> Unamuno

I've tried it from scratch.
I downloaded horde framework, copied *.php.dist to *.php,
setup a DB password for pgsql, inserted default row into horde_users table
and tries to login.

error was the same.
Warning: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the
current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

be sure /tmp is writeable to the application.

my PHP version is 4.2.3