[dev] Re: [kronolith] To test Kronolith cvs version.

amith at xalan.com amith at xalan.com
Tue Apr 1 09:06:46 PST 2003

| Someone please help me understand why people don't trust documentation like
| this. This is not the first person to see the versions page but not to
| believe it; why? What do we have to do to get people to trust the
| documentation and the FAQ? This is incredibly frustrating from my point of
| view.

I just think people secretly are hoping that someone will say no so they don't
have to go through the work of upgrading (or re-installing a new copy of)
Horde.  In addition, they run other apps and don't want to upgrade those as
well.

The only thing that I could possibly see as reducing this is to provide examples
such as

If you not using the CVS HEAD version of Horde (and other applications) and you
would like to try out a specific application from CVS HEAD, you *must* upgrade
Horde and all applications that you are using to CVS HEAD.  You can not just
download one application from CVS HEAD and expect it to work with a other
versions of Horde.

I know this is redundant, but maybe people will get the idea?

Amith