[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: horde setup.php horde/lib Setup.php horde/lib/Setup cli.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Sat Apr 5 19:05:48 PST 2003

Quoting Marko Djukic <tech at oblo.com>:

>   Log:
>   a setup script for horde:
>   - class based so it can be easily added on to / extended for yet more
> setup/config tasks;
>   - the main Setup.php lib can be extended to allow for different
> interfaces for the setup - for now there is only the CLI interface
> available, but i suppose it could be extended by a web-based interface
> too;
>   - the CLI interface is now prompt based and has visual reporting of
> tests/checks (could be modified to add file logging too?) - run with "php
> setup.php";
>   - feedback welcome!

First of all, wahoo! that someone is working on this.

My other comments right now are minor and just semantic from looking at the
commit, not the code. First, shell scripts probably shouldn't be in the
main  horde dir - scripts/ is a better place. Which brings up the other -
it's a bit confusing to have lib/Config.php and lib/Setup.php, and
horde/setup.php, horde/admin/setup.php, and horde/scripts/setup.php. Maybe
the new one can be consolidated with the one in scripts, at least?
admin/setup.php is a web interface; how is this new one different from the
other stuff?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"... It is not more light we need, but more warmth! We die of cold, not of