[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: ingo/lib Driver.php ingo/lib/Driver client.php null.php timsieved.php

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Wed Apr 9 21:06:45 PDT 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu> wrote:

> Add list of available tests to driver.

A question about this (and the commit to rule.php); you're farther along
in learning Ingo than I am, so I could be missing something here.

Ingo has some degree of separation between the script generation code
(e.g. 'script' => 'sieve') and the "backend" or driver that's used "to get
the script to the backend server" (e.g. 'driver' => 'timsieved').  So
conceivably I can generate a procmail script, but then use a variety of
different drivers I might write (FTP, procmaild, etc.) to activate it.

As it stands now in CVS the "list of available tests" is hardcoded into
the Driver (backend) code.  I would tend to think the list of available
tests relates to the script generation code, not the backend code.  Is
that the direction you're eventually moving?  Or is there an assumption
that a given Driver will always assume only one allowable script type?

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html