[dev] Storing more user data.

Ian P. Christian pookey at pookey.co.uk
Tue Apr 15 22:37:41 PDT 2003

> That sounds like the right direction, yes.

Thanks for your reply again Chuck!

Here is my plan of attack, let me know if it seems completly wrong.

First, I will copy lib/Auth/sql.php to /lib/Auth/extendedsql.php.

I will add a capability to the capabilites array to start that this auth method
supports extended user information.

In the config/conf.php, I will extend the array $conf['auth']['params'] to allow
the definition of user information fields, and what the field name is.

This will take parameters in sometime similar to the following

$conf['auth']['params']['fields'] = array (
                                        array('caption' => 'Address Line 1',
                                              'fieldname' => 'add_1',
                                              'require_admin' => false,
                                              'input_type' => 'text',
                                              'max_len' => 30),
                                        array('caption' => 'Admin Notes',
                                              'fieldname' => 'a_note',
                                              'require_admin' => true
                                              ... )
                                          );

I will edit the user admin system to check the auth driver for the cababilty of
externded user info, and if it supports it, it will show required forms etc.

Sound reasonable?

Regards,

--
Ian P. Christian :: pookey at pookey.co.uk :: http://pookey.co.uk