[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: ingo blacklist.php ingo/templates/blacklist blacklist.inc

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Thu Apr 17 07:19:53 PDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> I think it wasn't a good idea from me to replicate the possible
> operations in the blacklist screen.

I wouldn't have any objections to having blacklist.php and rule.php use
the same code.  I am seeing several places where the same thing is done
in 2+ places, and I do intend to help evolve it in the right direction as
I have time (as I'm sure others will too).

> I now think it'd make more sense to add a special "blacklist" rule in
> the rules screen that can't be deleted and has no matching parameter but
> can still be moved up and down in the rules list and have any possible
> operation assigned to it. Does this make sense?

Just to confirm, you're not proposing that blacklist.php go away
completely?  I have users that rule.php would intimidate :-) and what I
like about the blacklist.php UI is that it's really, really simple.

If you're just talking about a placeholder rule that represents the whole
blacklist:  yes, I have been thinking about the need to give the sys.
admin. and/or user the ability to specify the order in which blacklist,
whitelist (my next step), and rules are applied.  Your solution sounds
great.

As far as who/when I have several things I have to get done first for
deployment here.  If you want to work on it that's fine w/me.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html