[dev] signup: suggested alteration.

Ian P. Christian pookey at pookey.co.uk
Fri Apr 18 14:52:20 PDT 2003

Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:

> ok, then this has nothing to do with readonly, but rather the attributes
> should
> be expanded to allow for a "hidden" setting to be included, so that a field
> would be added using the addHidden() function of the Horde_Forms rather than
> the addVariable()

Although this might hide them from the user, this isn't really a ideal solution
IMHO.  Just becuase a field is hidden, it doens't mean it can't be edited of
viewed.  I was imagining a system where administrators could store information
about a users, that only administrators can see or edit.

Although this isn't directly part of signup, or of account or user
administration, I do beleive that such a feature would be useful for users of
horde, and therefore a method of supporting such things should be provided.

If this is not seen as a useful feature, I'm more then happy to hack my own
horde to bits to support it, as it's only really minor changes here and there
that need doing.  It would be a shame for me to do all this work though, and
for it not to be useable for anyone else.

Kind Regards,

--
Ian P. Christian :: pookey at pookey.co.uk :: http://pookey.co.uk
Pengus Hosting Solutions