[dev] collapsable functions

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Apr 28 13:31:57 PDT 2003

Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:

> anyone have any opinions on this syntax (which seems to be used a lot in
> PEAR):
> // {{{ somelabel
>
> // }}}
>
> not sure about any other text editor, but i've just discovered that in vi
> this creates collapsable sections for functions. huge help on big
> libraries.

I'm not a big fan of it, to be honest. For people with editors that don't
support folding, or who just don't use it, it can waste a bunch of space. I
also find it visually distracting and kind of ugly.

That said, I won't veto it if the majority of developers want it. But it's
not high on my list. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.