[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: turba/lib Driver.php sam/lib Driver.php orator/lib Slide.php odin/lib Driver.php LogParser.php moment/lib View.php mnemo/lib Driver.php kronolith/lib Driver.php klutz/lib Drive

Brent J. Nordquist bjn at horde.org
Mon Apr 28 17:18:24 PDT 2003

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:

> We return a PEAR_Error (mostly in the Horde libs), false or call
> Horde::fatal().

Speaking of Horde::fatal(), I was testing the propagation of errors up to
the Ingo functions the other night.  I revoked all but SELECT permission
to the horde_prefs table, and tried to add a blacklist entry... and the
prefs code called Horde::fatal() and spewed an error all over the screen.

What's the motivation for Horde::fatal() at all?  Shouldn't we (almost?)
always propagate an error back up the chain?

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn at horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html