[dev] horde blocks

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Fri May 2 18:30:09 PDT 2003

Quoting Marko Djukic <marko at oblo.com>:

> since portal and giapeto share a lot of the horde_block functionality i
> was thinking how to standardise a bit.

Sure!

> some of the block code from portal i'd like to put into a separate
> Horde_Blocks class to deal with blocks as a collection, and then
> Horde_Block (or maybe Horde_BlockObject?) to deal with individual blocks?
> so both portal and giapeto could access the same code?

We already have Horde_Block; how would you see Horde_BlockObject being
different? Horde_Blocks (or maybe Horde_BlockCollection, to be more
explicit?) sounds like a good idea to me.

> another thought was to move some of the block setting up to standard
> horde_form code?

As long as we don't lose anything here, this should be fine.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.