[dev] Groups Question

marioy at upb.edu.co marioy at upb.edu.co
Fri May 2 20:16:31 PDT 2003

Greetings.

This is more a feature request I believe.

I'm using Horde-cvs (I updated this morning) and tried to add a great number
of users to a specific group. Sience the number of users I have is so big
(about 5000) the navigator hung up. I think there should be a way to add users
to groups in several steps or unsing SQL commands. The problem that I see is
that the Category framework (which supports the Group framework) serializes
its data before storing.

If anyone is interested I found a workarround to the subject of groups using a
custom $_pref and a custom hook that consults a database at login time setting
up a $_SESSION variable with group information. Of course you need an extra
table in the database.

Regards
Mario