[dev] horde+imp+postgres problem

Tomas Potok potok at kopernik.cc.fmph.uniba.sk
Fri May 9 10:22:19 PDT 2003

hello!

I recently installed horde 2.2.3 with IMP 3.2 and I am trying to set up a
prefs-container with Postgres DB. When IMP tries to save some preference, I get
such an error logged:

box HORDE[1823]: [imp] DB Error: unknown error: insert into horde_prefs
(pref_uid, pref_scope, pref_name, pref_value) values('potok', 'imp', 'delhide',
TRUE) [nativecode=ERROR:  column "pref_value" is of type text but expression is
of type boolean ^IYou will need to rewrite or cast the expression ] [on line 341
of "/var/www/html/horde/lib/Prefs/sql.php"]

It looks like postgres is not allowing horde to insert a record, because it
regards TRUE as Boolean-type, but the field in postgres is defined as text-type.
Is this horde's or postgres' fault?

Postgres 7.3.2, RedHat 9.0.

Any idea how to solve this? No one could help in horde at lists....

Thank you,

Tomas

--
Also doing mathematics this way?