[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: ingo/templates/filters footer.inc

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed May 21 16:19:59 PDT 2003

| Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:
|
| >   Log:
| >   At the present time, there is no API call to login/authenticate and
| > open a mailbox.  Without this, it is impossible to apply filters on
| > demand. If someone wants to define an API (e.g. IMP) that would be
| great,
| > but I have other fish to fry first...
|
| There is imp/authenticate; do you just need imp/open (or imp/openMailbox
| or whatever) as well?

The problem with IMP authenticate is that it needs the credentials passed
into it.  If we require that IMP and ingo be separate, than we may not have
the correct credentials to log into the imap server (since the imap login
may be different than the horde login).  I don't feel like writing the
authentication UI in ingo right now, so that's why im putting this on the
back burner.  Instead, I am requiring for the imap driver that the module
using it (e.g. IMP) must pass in an open imap stream so that ingo can do
what it needs to do.  This hides all imap authentication details from ingo.

michael