[dev] Patch: imp/lib/MIME/Viewer/plain.php

Marc Jauvin marc at register4less.com
Thu May 29 06:24:27 PDT 2003

> Zitat von Marc Jauvin <marc at register4less.com>:
>
> > This patch fixes some problems with TAB expansion not aligning correctly.
> > (now uses <pre> </pre> tag around the text)
>
> Uhm, do you mind explaining *what* problems you have with tabs?

Tab are expanded to 8 spaces without consideration to the "tabstops". Usually,
when you have a tab, it expands to the NEXT tabstop.

So, I guess Instead of being lazy and use <pre> tags, I'll write a function that
will do a "smart tab expand" (and maybe use a new preference for the per-user
value of the tabstop size).

What do you think?

--
Marc Jauvin