[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: jonah/config prefs.php.dist jonah/lib Jonah.php

Joe Wilson joe.wilson at mindcandy.org
Mon Jun 2 12:31:31 PDT 2003

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Quoting Joe Wilson <joe.wilson at mindcandy.org>:
>
> > I do not believe that nasdaq.com allows these symbols to be queried any
> > longer.
>
> You can query them, and it returns valid xml with their copyright and so on,
> but no stock data.

Actually, this is what I meant.  It is also why I presume that it isn't a random
failure since they accept the symbol as a valid symbol but do not provide the
data for it.

> > I do have a fully functioning stock solution based upon the yahoo.php code,
> > however.  If you would like, I will post the diffs.
>
> Yes, to me this seems to be the way to go.  Please post the patches...

Yahoo does not provide all the same data points that Nasdaq does, but all the
major ones are covered (website and market center are the two that come to
mind).  I want to clean it up a bit before sending the diff.  Will do so
tonight.