[dev] Carry auth from other app into IMP? HOW TO?

Gustave Eiffel gustave at 3web.net
Mon Jun 2 15:41:43 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I am under the gun a bit to get a solution for this:

I have a portal site that I want to be able to link users into IMP for webmail.
I want to know how to carry username and password into IMP (bypass the login
screen) and use (sort of) a single signon for this.

Is there anyway to add the username and password to the URL?
eg.  mail.domain.com/horde/imp?username=joeuser?password=bigsecret
and then get in?  I know this is a security problem but I need a method to do
this ASAP.

Thanks for any and all input.

Sorry about the cross post, I was not sure who would know the answer to this.

Mark