[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: jeta README default.conf jta20.jar ssh.conf jeta/config conf.php.dist conf.xml jeta/docs CHANGES TODO jeta/jar SSHTools-SSHTermApplet-jdk1.4-workaround-signed.jar SSHTools-SSHTermApplet-signed.jar jeta/templates main.inc

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Jun 5 18:18:19 PDT 2003

>   Replace applet code with the SSSTerm applet from SSHTools.
>   This is actively being developed opposed to the old applet and has much
>   more features (that we don't use yes like port forwarding) and is more
>   customizable.

One thing nice about the "old" applet is that it is very small and hence
fast to download/load/run.  I've not yet tried this new applet, but I hope
that it isn't too large.  If it is large/slow, and you want to keep it,
then maybe we could make use both as a configuration option?

Just some thoughts; like I said, I've not yet checked out the new applet
and probably won't be able to for a while.  So I wanted to restate my
views on this, and maybe others can comment on these issues/ideas.  Again,
I'm not against this change, or any other changes, I just want to let you
know my concerns...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics