[dev] finding version of installed software...

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 6 16:14:36 PDT 2003

A lot of the questions to the faq address are from people who don't know
what version of Horde/IMP/Turba they are running.  I don't know of any way
for the user (not admin) to find this info out.  Is there an easy way?  If
not, shouldn't we have some easy way for the user to find this info out?

(For now, if they seem up to the task, I have them look at e.g.
/horde/app/README and tell me the CVS stamp in it.  I can tell from
the file being there or not, and if there the CVS timestamp, what version
they are using...  But this isn't optimal)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!