[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp/templates/mailbox navbar.inc

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Sat Jun 14 11:53:28 PDT 2003

> With the drawback that the mailbox and the message view are now completely
> inconsistent again.

Opps.  Well, so I just need to update the one to match the other, no?

> And I'm not sure we ever agreed to change it this way.

Well, it was warmly received, and a patch was asked for after the mockup.
I don't remember anyone saying not to.  But it can always be reverted if
people don't like it.

> I even can't see (or remember) a good reason to split these up.

Nor do I.  But the mockup was done that way, and people seemed to like it.
So I did it also.  I don't have any preference now for leaving them as one
or two blocks.  When this was first brought up, I was worried as back then
it would have generated two lists of folders.  But now that the folder
lists are cached and stored as variables, it isn't much of a hit (just
increases page length).  I'd be happy to merge them back to a single
selection box if people want.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics