[dev] $_SESSION['ingo'] problems...

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon Jun 16 13:06:19 PDT 2003

Quoting Marc Jauvin <marc at register4less.com>:

| I am trying to pinpoint the problem with the $_SESSION within Ingo but
| can't
| figure it out... shouldn't Ingo call the Horde::setupSessionHandler()
| like IMP does?

No. setupSessionHandler() is only called when the session is first created
(i.e. login).

| Any pointer on WHERE I should start to investigate this would be
| appreciated.

Go to ingo/lib/base.php, line 84.  This code is only run once, the first
time ingo is ever accessed (be it from IMP filtering, Horde, etc.).  If
$_SESSION['ingo']['script_categories'] is set the first time (which it
should be, or else your backends are misconfigured) then if it is
'disappearing' on subsequent page loads, there is something wrong with your
session handler.

| I use 'sql' as the sessionHandler:  $conf['sessionhandler']['type'] =
| 'sql'

Try using 'files' and see if it works (its what I use).  There have been
reports in the past that the sql sessionhandler doesn't seem to work
properly all the time.

michael