[dev] Re: [cvs] commit: imp mailbox.php imp/lib Mailbox.php Message.php

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jun 16 18:24:21 PDT 2003

Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at bigworm.colorado.edu>:

> I'm just getting this info from apd - now, even after i moved some of
> those defines out of IMP, it is still the 4th on the list of functions in
> user+system time spent in the subroutines - right at a tenth of a second
> when loading mailbox.php:

Yup, definitely sounds worth working on.

> For reference purposes, #1 is Horde::extensionExists() (those damn
> extension_exists calls are expensive - why we cache them), #2 is

Is function_exists() any better?

> That seems like a big enough hit, to me at least, to justify moving all
> of those unneeded define calls out of IMP (and anywhere else for that
> matter). Other ways of handling actionIDs are perfectly fine with me.

Sure. I was just making the point that it can be a *lot* harder to follow
the code now. Feel free to go with other ways that use fewer constants.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
The alligators were there, too, in a bathtub inside the house.