[dev] [[PEAR-CVS] cvs: pear /Log Log.php /Log/Log console.php file.php mail.php mcal.php sql.php syslog.php (fwd)]

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Tue Jun 17 08:41:59 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 10:29:29AM -0400, Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

> > The 1.7.0 release of the Log package hasn't been prepared yet, but
> > this functionality will be available soon, and because Horde uses the
> > Log package for all of its logging, I though this might be of interest
> > to you folks.
>
> Neat stuff! Once it's released, want to start moving us (in HEAD) to the
> PEAR_LOG_* constants, so we can use this?

Ack, I didn't realize that Horde was still using the old (syslog) LOG_
constants.  Their use has been deprecated by the Log package for some
time now (but I've been maintaining backwards-compatibility "just in
case").

I guess it's a good thing I chose to remain compatible with the LOG_
constants instead of just redefining the PEAR_LOG_* values in terms of
specific bitmasks.

--
Jon Parise (jon at horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)